A security guard is someone who protects the property in which he or she works. An armed security officer is any person who has the license to carry a weapon, ranging from a club or baton and pepper spray can to a firearm, while carrying out his or her duty of protecting an individual or a client’s property.
OSP recognizes the importance for our business clients to limit shrinkage and implement loss prevention techniques. Our uniformed security specialists are trained to the highest standard in the industry. The presence of our specialists act as a deterrent for criminal behavior in areas that are prone to shoplifting and other crimes against establishment owners, employees, patrons and visitors. Our security officers have uniforms that give them high visibility and differentiate them from civilians. The uniforms also act as a deterrent to inappropriate or illegal acts from occurring in a property or on a site.
The services that an unarmed security guard that OSP offers clients could include:
- visibility – a security ‘presence’
- rapid response in the event of a crime being committed to alert law enforcement or emergency response
- observing and reporting where required
- crowd containment
- private / corporate events security
- traffic control and direction
- transportation of valuables
- vehicle patrols
- assistance with in-house investigations
- receiving of guests / attendees into buildings or at events
- each security specialist provides daily activity reports, which are compiled into an individualized site report that is distributed on a monthly basis
- additional administrative duties
- ‘spot checks’ by OSP’s management team of our guards at client sites to ensure that they are acting in a manner in accordance with their duties and with OSP’s mission.
OSP’s Vice President of Peace Officer Relations, Deputy Sheriff Marshall P. Isom, has worked alongside many of Texas’; finest police, state troopers, deputies and special agents for over 30 years. His vast network of law enforcement personnel contacts, coupled with decades of training, expertise and leadership in policing and security, mean that OSP can provide clients with well-vetted and adequately trained armed security guards, including thorough background checks thereof.
OSP’s philosophy is that we provide our esteemed clients with protection that is customized and adds value. Professional security with our armed security guards is what we guarantee, tailored to your specific needs. The armed guards that we provide will provide their services to you at the highest standard, as befitting what OSP stands for. It is what we do – and we do so with pride and conviction.