A security guard is someone who protects the property in which he or she works. Not all security guards need to be armed. There are various venues which only require a security guard for the visibility and sense of authority that they convey, and the supplementary security function that they provide. The carrying of a weapon is not required, nor necessary. Venues that could benefit from unarmed security guards could include malls, strip malls / shopping centers, retail shops, hyper stores, supermarkets, entertainment and family venues, restaurants, parks, conferences and trade shows, private functions and parties, corporate campuses and offices, corporate functions, private estates, golf and country clubs, apartment buildings, condo complexes, local or small-scale sporting events, cultural events, political events and galleries, to name a few.
The services that an unarmed security guard that OSP offers clients could include:
- visibility – a security ‘presence’
- rapid response in the event of a crime being committed to alert law enforcement or emergency response
- observing and reporting where required
- crowd containment
- private / corporate events security
- traffic control and direction
- passive crowd control
- vehicle patrols
- assistance with in-house investigations
- receiving of guests / attendees into buildings or at events
- each security specialist provides daily activity reports, which are compiled into an individualized site report that is distributed on a monthly basis
- additional administrative duties
- ‘spot checks’ by OSP’s management team of our guards at client sites to ensure that they are acting in a manner in accordance with their duties and with OSP’s mission.
OSP’s Vice President of Peace Officer Relations, Deputy Sheriff Marshall P. Isom, has worked alongside many of Texas’; finest police, state troopers, deputies and special agents for over 30 years. His vast network of law enforcement personnel contacts, coupled with decades of training, expertise and leadership in policing and security, mean that OSP can provide clients with well-vetted and adequately trained unarmed security guards.
OSP’s philosophy is that we provide our esteemed clients with protection that is customized and adds value. Professional security with our unarmed security guards is what we guarantee, tailored to your specific needs. The unarmed guards that we provide will provide their services to you at the highest standard, as befitting what OSP stands for. It is what we do – and we do so with pride and conviction.