A concert or major venue will invariably include a large number of people assembled in a relatively confined space. Numbers of people can range from the scores to the many thousands. This sense of confinement can become problematic at times, especially if alcohol or other substances are involved, or where the event may incite passions. Music concerts can get unruly very quickly. A Who concert in Cincinnati in December 1979 resulted in 11 fans being crushed to death and dozens injured in a stampede in front of the stadium, whilst a 2006 punk festival entitled “British Invasion 2k6” deteriorated into a riot in the streets of San Bernardino, Ca. Security at these types of concerts or venues is not only important, but imperative.
OSP can step in and offer a concert or an event the following security solutions:
- pre-concert or event planning and security assessments
- principal or secondary security detail for bands, singers, crew, etc.
- liaison with concert or venue planners, location management, etc.
- access control and verification of attendees or fans, if so possible
- front of house security at a stadium, building, designated park, etc.
- mobile security guards
- liaison with relevant contractors for the concert / venue
- emergency and evacuation planning – interior concert / venue
- emergency and evacuation planning – exterior concert / venue
- assessment of all means of egress from the concert / venue
- emergency service and law enforcement liaison and co-ordination
- patrolling parked vehicles, trucks, etc.
- equipment inventory and oversight
- PA system assessment for viability, sound checking, etc.
- passive crowd control
- state-of-the-art monitoring and GPS imaging through our mobile Command Center
A concert or venue of any kind should never succumb to security breaches, or, worse still, descend into chaos and carnage. Concerts and venues should be able to unfold in a way that is predictable and controlled from a security standpoint. That is why security management is so critical at these events.
OSP’s commitment to any concert or venue is that we will provide our esteemed clients with security solutions that are customized to suit the exact needs of the concert or event. The safety and security of a concert or venue, including the artists or main attraction, crews and concertgoers, is our objective. It is what we do – and we do so with utmost pride and conviction.