VIP protection means providing high-profile clients and their families with personal protection services to insure their peace of mind, safety and security. People can be considered VIPs due to their elevated political or business status, for being celebrities or for otherwise being well-known or high-profile. VIPs, because of who they are or who they are perceived to be, are at risk of personal assault, kidnapping and being the victims of terrorist attacks. They can even be murdered just for being famous, as with the shocking slaying of fashion designer Gianni Versace outside his South Beach, Miami mansion in July 1997, not to mention the murder of Beatles icon John Lennon outside his Manhattan apartment building in December 1980. There was a time when the killing of famous people and celebrities by unknown assailants was unthinkable. Assassinations were only of political leaders and royalty. The modern celebrity era has changed that. It is sheer folly for any VIP or famous person today to think that they are somehow excluded from needing a security detail.
The security services that OSP offers VIP clients include:
- security risk profiling of the VIP
- risk profile for locales, locations, venues, countries, etc. on an itinerary
- personal protection / bodyguard for a VIP
- personal protection / bodyguard for a VIP’s family and entourage
- assessment of business continuity planning of the VIP’s company / trust
- assessment of crisis management planning of the VIP’s company / trust
- OSP agents must be in prime physical condition and have military and/or law enforcement training specific to their functional role within OSP
- high visibility = deterrence
- passive crowd control around VIP, if needed
- active control measures with aggressive, persistent people, fans, etc.
- liaison with local law enforcement agencies
- assistance with in-house investigations and breaches for the VIP
OSP offers a discreet bodyguard service in which our undercover agents provide superior protection without being intrusive to a VIP’s activities. These ‘plainclothes’ agents are able to blend in well. We also offer bodyguards in more commanding battle dress uniform, which can be used when a VIP client needs a strong and visible security presence. These operatives can be used in conjunction with our discreet guards to secure event perimeters, draw attention away from clients, and provide attendees with a point of contact to report suspicious activity. We also offer an armed car service, as we know that our clients are most vulnerable when in transit, or when a quick getaway may be required. Additionally, all of our agents are Certified Emergency Vehicle Operators (EVOC) and are highly trained dignitary protection specialists.
OSP’s philosophy is that we provide our esteemed VIP clients with protection that is customized and specific. The guards and operatives that we provide for VIP protection and security are the best in their field. They will provide their services at the highest standard, as befitting of what OSP stands for. It is what we do – and we do so with pride and conviction.