In 2012, approximately 7.2 million motor vehicles were sold to customers in the United States. At an average sale of nearly $9,000 per unit, the U.S. Automobile Sales Industry grosses over $60 Billion dollars annually. According to Edonds.com, automakers will continue to increase new car production to grow sales and share, while the used car market will see a surge in off-lease vehicles and older trade-ins.
Growing inventories could mean more deals to attract car buyers, which will appeal to the deal-seeking mentality prevalent since the recession. Unfortunately, market growth also means the inevitably of a increase in crime such as theft of inventory and vandalism of property.
OSP can assist an auto dealer’s litigation risk profile with relevant security solutions that could include:
- a fully integrated security risk assessment for the dealership
- considerations regarding the size and location, as well as type of vehicle storage
- typical demographics of the dealership’s location and customer base
- surveillance / CCTV / motion sensor and other allied capabilities and needs at the dealership, including entrance and exit thereto, all parking bay areas, general walkways and corridors, elevators, booths, etc.
- vehicle theft and vandalism analysis
- illumination surveys, including for security and secondary lighting
- security personnel profiling / hiring / vetting
- training of dealership staff regarding security issues and policies
- analysis of adjacent roads, public walkways and other means of entry into the facility by vehicles or pedestrians
- related security assessment of apartment buildings, offices, shopping malls and other buildings that may be adjoined to or nearby the dealership
Car dealerships, especially large-scale, remotely located sites, can be a sitting target for burglaries, robberies and heists. ‘Inside jobs’ are also a distinct issue for the auto sales industry. Dealerships are particularly vulnerable to more serious crimes being committed at night or during downtime. That is why a security management program is so critically important.
OSP’s philosophy is that we aim to provide our esteemed clients who own or manage dealerships with security solutions that are customized to suit a specific dealer. The security of a car lot and the inventory and property therein is our principal objective. This approach and commitment is what OSP stands for. It is what we do – which we do with pride and conviction.