Ideally, financial institutions are places where money is not only the core business transaction, but where money is supposed to be safe, especially if so deposited by clients and investors. Unfortunately, to think of any financial institution as a ‘safe haven’ for money is to ignore the fact that they have been amongst the most robbed, heisted and attacked buildings and businesses in human history. Heists and robberies have been the stuff of media headlines and Hollywood sub-genre sensation for years, and have been a part of America’s reality since the 1800s. Technology has made banks even more vulnerable, including the 2015 cyber theft of nearly $1-billion by hackers that hit over 100 banks in 30 countries, including banks in the U.S.
Services that OSP can offer financial institutions can include:
- a fully integrated security risk assessment for the financial institution
- security gap and needs analysis
- protection within the context of security management for the following data (both internal and external to the institution):
- financial data
- customer data
- investment data
- information related to operations data
- sales and marketing data
- logistics data
- identity threats
- surveillance / CCTV capabilities and needs
- security personnel profiling / hiring / vetting
- security-related training for institution’s employees
- customer and employee safety analysis in the event of a heist or any hostile situation
- lockdown measures
- in-house investigation procedures, including petty incidents
More than ever, a financial institution today cannot afford to have any gaps in their security management system. Assessments, surveys and needs analyses should be undertaken in order to better ensure the safety and security of all personnel, customers and visitors to the financial institution. This is not to mention IT-related security measures that will be needed within this context.
OSP provides our esteemed financial institution clients with security solutions that are customized and pertinent to the realities of finance and financial management. This is our service to any financial institution – at the highest standard and relevant, as befitting of what OSP stands for. It is what we do – and we do so with pride and conviction.