An apartment can offer convenience and a ‘lock-up- and-go’ lifestyle. Apartment living is also perceived to be safer and more secure – after all, one has all those people living in close proximity, right? This is not always true. There are still burglaries, assaults and even violent home invasions that take place in apartments. Then there is the issue of renters, who comprise a large portion of apartment dwellers, who consider it the responsibility of landlords or building management to ensure their safety and security in their apartments. Landlords may be legally obliged to do so. Many cities and states across the U.S. have enacted statutes, codes or ordinances that set minimum standards for rental housing safety. In many jurisdictions, landlords are required to fortify apartment access points by installing solid-core doors, deadbolt locks or even secondary security devices on windows. There is also the threat of landlords having lawsuits against them by tenants due to lapses in security measures.
The services that OSP can offer owners and management teams that own or manage apartments and apartment buildings can include:
- a fully integrated security risk assessment for the apartment or building
- considerations regarding the size and location of the apartment building, as well as the tenant mix thereof
- assessment of adjacent and nearby road traffic and foot traffic relevant to the apartment building’s security profile
- a security gaps and needs analysis for the apartment building and apartment itself
- access control measures
- emergency routes and routes of egress from the apartment and building
- surveillance / CCTV / motion sensor and other allied capabilities and needs
- doorman / caretaker security-related analysis and viability
- security personnel profiling / hiring / vetting, where required or viable
Neither apartment owners or apartment building owners or management teams can afford to be lax about security within apartments and apartment buildings. Tenants of apartments are protected by law with regard to their safety and security within apartments and apartment buildings.
OSP’s commitment is to provide our esteemed clients who own or manage apartments or apartment buildings with security solutions that are customized to suit a specific apartment or building. The security of apartments and their buildings is our objective and what drives the service that we provide. It is what we do – and we do so with pride and conviction.