Owning a condo or living in a high-rise building is a dream for many people. Condos and high-rise apartments can range from the modest to the ultra-luxurious and swanky. What these offer is a specific type of lifestyle that appeals to a certain type of person – often young and upwardly mobile. Condo and high-rise living is also perceived to be safer and more secure – after all, one has all those people living in close proximity, right?
However, condo and high-rise living are not without their risks. Living in a standalone house or home remote from neighbors may be more potentially dangerous than living in a condo development or high-rise building, there are still burglaries, assaults and even violent home invasions that take place in condos and high-rise apartments. A woman was attacked in the garage of her condo complex in Belleville, Ill. in May 2016, whilst a young girl was sexually assaulted in a high-rise apartment complex in Chicago in June of 2015. Safe as they may be perceived to be, the lifestyle that condos and high-rise apartments are clearly not exempt from security risks, and due diligence needs to take place.
That is why the services that OSP can offer condo and high-rise owners and management teams could be beneficial as they can include:
- a fully integrated security risk assessment for the condo or high-rise
- considerations regarding the size and location of the condo or high-rise building, as well as the tenant mix thereof
- assessment of adjacent and nearby road traffic and foot traffic relevant to the condo or apartment high-rise’s security profile
- a security gaps and needs analysis for the condo or apartment high-rise
- access control measures
- emergency routes and routes of egress from a condo or high-rise building
- surveillance / CCTV / motion sensor and other allied capabilities and needs
- doorman / caretaker security-related analysis and viability
- security personnel profiling / hiring / vetting, where required or viable
- illumination surveys, especially with regard to security and secondary lighting in key or remote areas of buildings
Neither condo or high-rise apartments owners or respective management teams can afford to be lax about security within condo buildings and apartment high-rises. Furthermore, tenants of condos or high-rise apartments are well-protected by law with regard to their safety and security within condos and high-rise buildings, for which owners and management teams could be held liable for breaches thereof.
OSP’s commitment is to provide our esteemed clients who own or manage condos or high-rise buildings with security solutions that are customized to suit a specific condo or high-rise. The security of these apartments and buildings is our objective and what drives the service that we provide. It is what we do, which we do with pride and conviction.